SM Link

Disabled Veterans Lifetime Pass

Apply online

Download Application

Any South Dakota resident who meets one of the following criteria may apply for a free park entrance license good at any South Dakota state park or recreation area*.

*Applicants must meet eligibility as established in state law SDCL 41-17-13.4. If you do not have these papers in your possession you may contact the Veteran's Administration office in Sioux Falls and have them sent to you or you may request in writing that the Veteran's Administration mail a copy of these papers to the South Dakota Game, Fish & Parks.

The approved applicant will also receive a camping services permit that allows the permit holder a 50% discount on any camping fee or associated electrical service fee for their site. The discount does not apply to state park lodges. Reservations for state parks may only be made through the call center 1.800.710.CAMP (2267), disabled veterans are exempt from the $2 call center fee.

Submit application and verification papers to:

South Dakota Game, Fish & Parks
Parks & Recreation
523 E Capitol Ave
Pierre, SD 57501-4521